Rules for foreigners to adopt children in Shanxi welfare institutions
(1) When a social welfare institution puts a child up for adoption, the registration authority shall publish an announcement in the provincial newspapers in order to attempt to find the abandoned infant's and children's biological parents. Those not claimed within 60 days from the date of publication of the announcement shall be regarded as abandoned infants and children whose biological parents cannot be found.
(2) Welfare institutions shall submit materials to the Shanxi Department of Civil Affairs in accordance with the requirements of relevant documents.
(3) After the Shanxi Department of Civil Affairs reviews the materials, it will sign opinions and seal, reporting to the China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption.
(4) After the center reviews and selects a foreign family for the adoptee, it will issue a "Notice of Foreign-related Adoption" to the Shanxi Department of Civil Affairs.
(5) The foreign applicant for an adoption goes to the Shanxi Department of Civil Affairs to sign an adoption agreement with the person (organization) placing the child out for adoption.
(6) The Shanxi Department of Civil Affairs will complete the adoption registration procedures within seven days after receiving the expat's adoption application and related materials.
(7) The Shanxi Department of Civil Affairs archives the adoption materials and sends the copy of the adoption registration materials to the China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption.