平遥旅游网平遥文化网

Sights

County government offices

Updated: 2013-05-15
( chinadaily.com.cn)

County government offices

County government offices

The county government complex was built in the southwestern part of the county, in the Northern Wei Dynasty (AD 386-534) and is well preserved. According to historical records, the first buildings were built in 1346, during the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368), then renovated in 1370, giving it a history of more than 600 years.

The old complex, which faces the south, is more than 200 meters long from south to north, and 100 meters wide. It is one of four classical county government complexes in China that have been preserved, and the biggest of its kind. There are front rooms for offices, back rooms for living quarters, with those to the left for civil servants and those to the right for members of the military.

The county government office was established when the county of Pingyao was established. The housing part was renovated during the Ming and Qing dynasties.

County government offices

A simulative court activity attracts great interests of tourists.

There are now recreations of court activity in the old government office, with a magistrate handling a lawsuit, at the same time every day, for tourists.

Dining

Pingyao Wantuo

Wantuo, a type of noodle from the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), is one of Pingyao's local snacks with a long history.

Copyright @ 2011 China Daily
All Rights Reserved
Sponsored by Pingyao Municipal Government
Powered by China Daily