Tips for workers on preventing novel coronavirus
Don't let down your guard when you arrive at your workstation
1. Items such as a mouse and keyboard that you frequently contact should be disinfected with alcohol.
2. Keep yourself hydrated and drink hot water.
3. Try to avoid contact when handing things to colleagues and talking with them. Keep a distance of more than one meter. It is suggested to communicate online if it is possible.
4. Video conferencing is strongly preferred. If an offline meeting is required, please wear masks, wash hands and disinfect before entering the meeting room. The meeting participants must be separated by more than one meter.
5. Strictly control the meeting time. If the time will be long, remember to ventilate the air during the meeting.
6. Wear a mask throughout the working day.
7. When you go to the bathroom, don't take off your mask. Put the lid down and flush the toilet.
Be extremely careful at mealtime
1. It is best to bring your own lunch, or bring the meal back to your workstation. Don't linger long in crowded places.
2. If you have to eat a meal at a dining hall, image yourself in an examination room, sit apart from others and do not whisper.
3. Even if you like company, please learn to enjoy your lunch by your own. In addition to face to face, eating back to back is also enjoyable.
4. If you order takeout food, get rid of the packaging immediately.
Take prevention back home
1. Use shoe covers, plastic bags, and boxes to wrap your shoes for isolation to minimize the risk of the virus coming home with you.
2. After getting back home, hang your coat in a ventilated place; alcohol disinfection won't be a wise choice for it may damage the fabric of your clothes and the electrostatic sparks in winter and the alcohol could start a fire.
3. Use disinfectant wipes or 75 percent alcohol to wipe your phone and keys to keep all contaminants out of the house.
4. When you remove the mask do not touch the outer and inner surface and do not touch a mask used by others to avoid cross-infection; do not put it directly in the bag. It is best to fold it backward from inside and seal it in a self-sealing bag. Touch only the ear strap with your hands.
5. Used masks should be disposed of by sealing them in garbage bags.
6. Strengthen your immune system by exercising regularly.